Start a Career With us!
Technical Sales Specialist Position
For individuals with a chemical sales track record or a degree in chemistry,chemical engineering, or biology, we invite you to apply for our Technical Sales Specialist position selling Viachem’s line of specialty chemicals. The Technical Sales Specialist will receive training in a select number of specialty products and have responsibility for selling and supporting a number of end-use customers. Successful candidates enjoy a fast-paced inside sales environment with a focus on helping our customers solve problems. Compensation includes competitive base salary plus commission.
Market Developer Position
Are you looking to begin a successful career in sales? Consider applying for a Viachem Market Developer position. This is an entry level, non-sales role that introduces you to the Viachem sales process. Market Developers work with specialty chemical producers to identify and gain knowledge about their end-user markets and customer needs. Duties include compiling databases of potential end-use customers and then qualifying each prospect by telephone. Successful candidates enjoy working in a fast paced environment, providing critical support to the Viachem sales team. Solid computer and telephone skills required. Compensation includes competitive salary and performance bonus.
Technical Chemical Sales Trainee
Location: Plano, Texas or Augusta, GA
Viachem is a leading sales and marketing distribution company focused exclusively on serving global producers of specialty chemicals and their North American customers.
The Technical Chemical Sales trainee starts their sales career working with our Market Development team to identify and qualify potential customers and prospects. This sales training position plays an important role in the Viachem sales process.
You will work with our Sales & Marketing team to identify and gather information about end-user markets. Duties include compiling prospective customer databases and qualifying individual customer prospects over the telephone. Successful candidates enjoy working in a fast paced environment, providing critical support to the Viachem sales process.
After eight months to a year, you will be promoted to Technical Sales Specialist (TSS) and will be responsible for selling and supporting a number of end-use customers and prospects. The TSS sells and maintains a long-term partnership with customers by employing a consultative sales approach leveraging technical and chemical use expertise. This position is located in Plano, Texas.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build profitable sales by employing a consultative sales approach
- Build and sustains long-term customer relationships
- Help develop sales and marketing strategies designed to exceed sales objectives
- Satisfy customer requests for product, pricing, order information and samples
- Assist customers by sharing technical expertise on product usage, product application and product formulation
- Identify new opportunities to add value by monitoring industry changes, trends and customer needs
- Directly manage territory and accounts
- Develop and perform according to sales and profit forecast
- Prepare detailed sales plan for market segment and individual accounts
- Identify customer problems and suggest solutions
- Maintain up-to-date information in CRM
- Work with Viachem’s producer partners to execute sales plans and as a resource to serve end use customers
- Assist in the development of technical proposals and literature for enhancing customer operations
We’re currently seeking a full time person with a degree in Chemistry or Biology who is interested in a sales career. Relevant skills include Microsoft Office Suite, PC Skills and CRM. .
- Ability to quickly comprehend and understand formulation and end-use applications of individual products
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal and listening
- Consultative and need based selling skills
- Strong PC skills
- Problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Detail oriented
- Disciplined work ethic and achievement oriented